These Jumbo Monster Cookies are full of peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and M&M’s. Easy to make, soft, thick, and delicious!
Are you familiar with monster cookies? I thought everyone knew what they where, but I asked my dad and husband both and neither of them knew. They are a peanut butter oatmeal cookie with lots of delicious mix-ins. Some recipes call for butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, toffee pieces, and chopped nuts. I decided to keep them pretty simple with just chocolate chips and M&M’s. Feel free to play around with the mix-in’s to create your favorite combo, just keep the ratios the same.
These are so easy- completely mixed in one bowl by hand. The dough doesn’t need to chill at all, so cookies in under 30 minutes are a real thing! You may notice that there is no salt added- that is not an accident. Most peanut butter comes salted so no additional salt is needed. All natural peanut butter is not the best option for these. You will want a traditional, popular brand for best results. The natural peanut butter is too grainy and the texture is better with the smoother kind. I tried both- just to see the difference.
Did I mention these are jumbo? Each cookie is made with 1/2 cup of cookie dough- that is no joke! These are so big, thick, and delicious! Peanut butter and chocolate is a classic combination and adding the oats make them chewy and so perfect! These are also naturally gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free oats.
You will love these cookies because they are so easy, thick, chewy, perfectly sweet, and BIG!!
- 16oz jar peanut butter, about 1 3/4 cups (do not use all natural)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cups M&M’s (mini, holiday, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the oats and baking soda. Stir well, make sure it is very well mixed.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, portion out balls and roll between palms to make them smooth.
- Place 3 cookies on a cookie sheet at once so they have room to spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes then press them down slightly using a fork and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Let cool on the tray about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.