This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Well hello there and welcome to this week’s edition of Saturday’s Something, my time to share a glimpse into life outside of the kitchen. What’s on my mind this week? Photos. And birth announcements. And more photos. Because when you’re a Mom of a cute little baby (not that I’m biased or anything), you can never have too many pictures. Also, Christmas (yes, that is so last month!) is on my mind because I haven’t talked with you about that.
1. Remember when I told waaaaay back in September about the fabulous photographer that did our newborn photos? And I promised I’d share our birth announcement so you could see more? Well…this happened and guess what, my birth announcements are still sitting here. The goal is to get them sent out this week, despite the fact my child is 5 months old today. Want to take a look?
Here’s what the front looks like. That smirk just kills me!
And here’s what it looks like when you open it:
Minted.com provided me with these announcements and they turned out absolutely beautiful. The quality of the printing was top notch, and I just adore the design. I had already worked with them earlier this year when I was planning our gender reveal party so I already knew to expect a phenomenal experience. They didn’t let me down.
Just for the record, you should probably feel special that you are seeing Miles’ birth announcement before our family and friends since I still haven’t mailed them out. :)
**JUST FOR FUN!!! I will mail Miles’ birth announcement to the first 10 people who leave a comment below. Be sure to include your email address so I can reach out to you and get your mailing address.
2. Let’s talk about Christmas, shall we? I could get all deep and serious here and tell you about my Grown Up Christmas List, but you can read what I wrote about that here. Instead, let’s talk about the fact that we were HOME for Christmas and not in the hospital. It was fabulous. Miles behaved himself until the day AFTER Christmas when we found ourselves back in the hospital. Thankfully it was a short stay this time! I really, really wanted to be home for Christmas, and we were, which was so nice.
Shortly before Christmas, the photographer that did our newborn photos (Megan from Firefly Nights Photography.) offered to gift us a quick mini-session. I jumped at the chance because her work is amazing. While I do plenty of food photography, I just do not have the patience or the ability to take the kind of photos I want of Miles. She has that natural ability to take amazing photos, and her editing skills set her apart from the rest. This photo that she took of Miles STILL makes me smile weeks later! Is it wrong that I want hang this Christmas picture in my house all year long?
And she got one of our family that I just adore too.
If you’re in the Chicagoland area, you must give Megan at Firefly Nights Photography a call. Not only does she do fabulous work with newborn and family photos, I’ve also spotted some incredible work on her Facebook page that she’s done with high school seniors and athletes.
3. If you’re following the TeamRyan page on Facebook, you already know the latest with Ryan — he’s on twice daily injections of blood thinners to treat a blood clot in his lung. Thankfully his last scan looked good aside from the blood clot. This past week was supposed to be a chemo week but his liver function was too high, so he had to take a week off. We’re hoping he can get his next round of chemo on Monday.
4. A super fast, super delicious weeknight dinner:
Recipe: Slow Cooker Italian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Super fast, super tasty.
5. Enough about me. Tell me about you! What have you been making in the kitchen lately? Any delicious recipes you’d like to share with me?