Saturday’s Something for June 14, 2014.
Hey you guys! Happy Saturday! Welcome to this week’s edition of Saturday’s Something, my time to share a glimpse into life outside of the kitchen.
1. Ryan had chemo #8 on Tuesday. It’s hard to believe that it has been 6 months since we found out he has cancer. In some ways it seems like time has flown by, in other ways it seems like it has been dragging along. Cancer has been the center of attention in our lives for 6 whole months which is just crazy! Go TeamRyan!
2. Our crib was delivered on Monday. I’m so excited to get it put together so that we can get the nursery all done! I am slowly but surely making progress with getting everything organized. This is our crib that we ordered from Pottery Barn Kids. I am 31 weeks today and feeling very…. pregnant complete with heart burn and leg cramps. But I’m definitely not complaining. I’m so thankful for this little guy that’s going to be joining us in about 9 weeks!
3. Happy Birthday… to me! It’s kinda hard to believe that I turn 31 tomorrow. 31! And yes, I am sharing my birthday with Father’s Day. I always remember my mom saying that they brought me home from the hospital on Father’s Day. We don’t really have anything planned, just because it’s so hard to know how Ryan is going to feel the weekend after chemo. Last time he was in pretty good shape by the weekend, but you just never know.
It’s also funny to think about how my life has played out much differently than I ever expected. I remember thinking when I was 20 that I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30. Ha! I’ll be 31 with my first on the way. I wouldn’t change a thing!
4. Mr. Squirrel – Our backyard is fenced in with a six foot privacy fence, so we rarely ever see any squirrels in our backyard. Yesterday I looked out the window to see this little guy with his paws up on my basil plant munching away. Who knew squirrels liked basil? Speaking of basil, this recipe is one of my favorite ways to use basil – Tomato and Basil Chicken with Pan Sauce. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
5. Holy hair! You guys…. I made a big, BIG mistake when we got our dogs. I decided that I was going to groom them myself to save money. The problem? They didn’t like the electric clippers so instead of trying to get them used to the clippers, I hand cut them. Yes, it’s as tedious as it sounds. I don’t mind doing it, but it definitely takes a lot of time to hand cut every little inch of their squirmy moving bodies. Who knew two five pound dogs could have so much fur? I’d love to be able to take them to a groomer but I don’t think at this point, that they will ever get used to the clippers. I’ve tried, and it hasn’t worked.
6. Kitchen Product Pick of the week – One of my favorite purchases that I have ever made from Amazon is for this Presto Hot Air Popcorn Popper. I use it all the time to make fresh popcorn. What I love is that it’s an air popper so you’re not popping the popcorn in hot oil which makes it quite a bit healthier. And it’s so fast too! The only downside is that it’s a little bigger than I like. I try to avoid unnecessary kitchen gadgets in my averaged sized kitchen, but I made an exception for this one and I haven’t been disappointed.
7. Baby Product Pick of the Week – as I mentioned last week, Baby Wagner hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t offer first hand experience with any of the products quite yet. This week though, I’m sharing a product that I’m excited to use, only because I’ve gotten such good feedback from other Mom’s. It’s the Boppy Newborn Lounger (Amazon Link). Such a simple little thing, but every Mom I’ve talked to that has one loves it!
8. If you are looking for a super tasty dinner option for this week, definitely try my Broccoli Beef Stir Fry! It tastes better than Chinese take-out, right at home! Here’s the recipe.
9. Are you following me yet on Instagram? I post more of the real-life pics there. Come join me! Follow CenterCutCook on Instagram. You’ll see random pictures like this one…. Mali trying on her little brother’s new hat!
10. $500 Visa Giftcard Giveaway! Have you guys entered yet? Enter here! I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to offer this awesome giveaway to give you the chance to take a little vacation, stay cation, or whatever you’d like to do with $500 bucks!
As always, thank you so much for being here! Have a great weekend and Happy Father’s Day!