This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Well hello there, and welcome to this week’s edition of Saturday’s Something, my time to share a glimpse into life outside of the kitchen. It’s been a while since we’ve had this little chit chat, hasn’t it? One word… Miles. :) As I was thinking about what I wanted to share with you guys, I realized nearly everything revolves around Miles. Funny how life suddenly revolves around one little person, isn’t it?
1. So, the last time we left off, I introduced you to our sweet little Miles and let me tell you, he has kept me VERY busy since. I snapped this pic when he turned one month old. I just love the little tie sticker! My friend Lisa (thank you Lisa!) got them for us from a store on Etsy. Super cute. He is seven weeks tomorrow already!
2. Ryan’s latest scan shows that the nodules in his lungs and the two cancerous lymph nodes in his abdomen all got a little bit smaller which is exactly what we want to see! Chemo days are still rough on him, but Miles tries to help make him smile… even if it’s just the fact that the noises that come out of Miles’ rear end sound more like an adult. Who knew a baby could be so loud?! :)
3. Long before we had Miles, I knew the one thing that I really wanted was professional newborn pictures of him. When Ryan and I got married, we were on a tight budget, so we didn’t have a professional photographer. Looking back, that’s the one thing that I really regret. If you’re in the Chicagoland area, I highly recommend Firefly Nights Photography. The owner, Megan, is phenomenal! I’ll share a couple of the pics with you now, and then you’ll see a few more when I show you our birth announcement next time!
Me and my precious baby boy:
4. Kitchen Product Pick of the Week:
If you’re looking for a super accurate, super reliable instant-read thermometer, this is it. I had bought a super cheap instant-read thermometer and after years of using it and being so frustrated that it wasn’t accurate, and it took forever to get a temp, I finally upgraded. Worth it.
5. BABY PRODUCT PICK OF THE WEEK
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing my top five essentials for new Moms. Up first this week? The Snuza, otherwise known as “peace of mind.” This little device clips on the baby’s diaper while they sleep and it’s looking for movement on the baby’s belly from breathing. If there’s no movement, it’ll vibrate to try and stimulate the baby, and if that doesn’t work, an alarm sounds. I considered getting the Angelcare monitor, but loved the portability of the Snuza. I was sold when I saw how many good reviews it has on Amazon! This image makes it look huge, but it’s actually quite small and clips right onto the diaper. It’s a little pricey, but the cost of peace of mind? Priceless.
6. Gorgeous fall day in Chicago (photo taken from my car with the window rolled down… don’t worry, I wasn’t driving):
7. Must. Make. Now. I am just loving everything about fall: cooler weather, hoodies, boots, and these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies!
Tell me… what do you like most about fall? What’s your favorite fall dessert?!
That’s all for this time! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!