This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy and delicious! Hot chocolate powder and milk blended together with ice for a cooling frappuccino-style drink.
So much quicker and cheaper than heading to your local drive-thru – plus no chance of a frappuccino-related accident taking place on the seat of your car. Trust me, milk is not a fun thing to try to get out of a car seat!!
Ideally you want to use sweetened hot chocolate powder to ensure your drink isn’t bitter, but you can replace with cocoa powder and a little sugar if you prefer.
My kids love this frozen hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and chocolate curls or sprinkles (of course!).
You can buy ready-made chocolate curls, but if you want to make your own chocolate curls, simply use a vegetable peeler to shave a block of chocolate.
Here’s hoping for lots of hot weather so we can make plenty of these frozen hot chocolates!
- 3 cups crushed Ice
- 2 cups milk
- 2.5 heaping Tablespoons of hot chocolate powder (the sweetened kind that you’d get in a packet of hot cocoa)
- 4 tbsp chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- 2 tbsp chocolate shavings
- Place the ice, milk and hot chocolate powder into a blender. Blend for 1 minute until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of chocolate sauce around the rim of two large glasses. Pour the frozen hot chocolate into the two glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, then drizzle on the remaining chocolate sauce. Sprinkle on the chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.