This frozen hot chocolate with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and chocolate curls is the stuff hot summer days are made for!!
Creamy and delicious! Hot chocolate powder and milk blended together with ice for a cooling frappuccino-style drink.
So much quicker and cheaper than heading to your local drive-thru – plus no chance of a frappuccino-related accident taking place on the seat of your car. Trust me, milk is not a fun thing to try to get out of a car seat!!
Ideally you want to use sweetened hot chocolate powder to ensure your drink isn’t bitter, but you can replace with cocoa powder and a little sugar if you prefer.
My kids love this frozen hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and chocolate curls or sprinkles (of course!).
You can buy ready-made chocolate curls, but if you want to make your own chocolate curls, simply use a vegetable peeler to shave a block of chocolate.
Here’s hoping for lots of hot weather so we can make plenty of these frozen hot chocolates!
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups crushed Ice
- 2 cups milk
- 2.5 heaping Tablespoons of hot chocolate powder (the sweetened kind that you’d get in a packet of hot cocoa)
- 4 tbsp chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- 2 tbsp chocolate shavings
- Place the ice, milk and hot chocolate powder into a blender. Blend for 1 minute until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of chocolate sauce around the rim of two large glasses. Pour the frozen hot chocolate into the two glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, then drizzle on the remaining chocolate sauce. Sprinkle on the chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.