These delicious caramel apple cupcakes are perfect for fall. Topped with a cinnamon buttercream and caramel sauce, they are super addictive!
Is it too early to start sharing apple recipes? But I want to make sure you guys are armed with the best recipes for fall and the holiday season and these caramel apple cupcakes are absolutely perfect.
I’m not a baker by heart, but whenever we make these cupcakes at home, they vanish pretty quickly which is such a satisfying feeling. Because they are soft, moist and taste of cinnamon, apples and caramel – the best kind of combination.
They almost taste like apple pie but in beautiful cupcake form. I like to keep the skin on the apples, but you can peel it off if you prefer.
They cupcakes are ridiculously easy to make and completely fool proof. I should know, considering I’ve made them thrice in the last one week. Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before you start. I usually leave them out on the counter the night before so that they are perfect to start with in the morning, because cupcakes for breakfast? Yes please!
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped Apple
- 1 cup salted Butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 21/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Icing Sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat till combined.
- Mix in the flour mixture till just combined. Add the buttermilk and mix and lastly, fold in the apples.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined muffin tins and bake for 22-25 minutes till a skewer inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Pipe each cupcake with frosting and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter till light and fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese and vanilla extract for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed, and add in the icing sugar little by little while beating continuously till all the icing sugar is combined. Add the cinnamon and beat again. Fill into a piping bag and use to frost the cupcakes.