This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Juicy slider-style mini burgers with a special sauce are so easy to make! These mini cheeseburgers will be a hit at your next party!
These juicy mini slider-like burgers (with special sauce) may or may not have shamefully been our breakfast this morning. We typically don’t eat pub-fare for breakfast, I promise, but we did this morning, all for the purpose of providing you with another appetizer option for your New Years Eve party!
Now, some of you may be recalling the recipe for Grilled Sliders I shared with you over the summer, and you’re probably wondering why I’m sharing another similar recipe. The main difference is that the first recipe I cooked on the grill. This time around, I decided to cook these guys in a frying pan, but the sauce is also different!
Special Sauce for Cheeseburgers
Mini cheeseburgers become even more delicious with a homemade special sauce. By special sauce, I mean homemade Thousand Island dressing. Feel free to buy a bottle from the store for an easy shortcut.
To make the sauce, combine:
- sweet pickle relish
Mini burgers are quick to make, and only take about 6 minutes to cook. From start to finish, you will be done in about 20 minutes. Not bad for an appetizer that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Juicy Mini Burgers
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slider buns
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 12 slices American Cheese
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, ketchup, and sweet pickle relish. Set aside.
- Divide two pounds of ground chuck into 12 equal pieces. Form into mini burgers.
- Liberally salt and pepper both sides of each burger.
- Melt one tablespoon butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Toast the buns. Set aside.
- Melt an additional tablespoon butter in the pan and turn the heat up to high. When the pan is hot, add burgers. You may need to cook them in two batches if your pan isn’t large enough. Allow the burgers to cook for three minutes per side. When the burgers are almost done, add a slice of American cheese.
- When the burgers are cooked to your preferred doneness, remove them from the pan and place on a bun. Top with special sauce, and raw onion if desired. Serve immediately.