Make your own healthy sesame chicken wraps at home and in the slow cooker! These slow cooker sesame chicken wraps make a great appetizer or dinner!
One of the best things in life is to come home from work to a delicious-smelling home.
One of the best things in life is to come home to a delicious dinner.
Well, I guess both are pretty sweet, aren’t they?
And that’s what you can expect if you make these delicious and healthy slow cooker sesame chicken wraps for dinner. There’s hardly any prep time required and all you need to do when you are ready for dinner is rinse off the lettuce leaves, layer on the sesame chicken goodness, and you’re good to go.
Alternatively, if you’d rather make a heavier meal, you could skip the lettuce leaves and serve the sesame chicken over rice. Either way, it is a delicious and healthy meal, especially if you use brown rice.
Here’s to coming home to delicious dinners!
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Kosher salt, to coat chicken
- Ground black pepper, to coat chicken
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-10 leaves butter lettuce
- Green onions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken breasts and thighs liberally with the kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken, onion, and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Cover with the honey-soy sauce mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, or until fully cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and then shred using your fingers or forks. Once shredded, return to the crock pot and toss again to fully immerse in the juices.
- To serve, layer a heap of the sesame chicken on a leaf of lettuce and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Alternately, you could serve over rice.
- Serves: 6