These Pancake Muffins with Sausage are drizzled with warm maple syrup and perfect breakfast for hectic mornings! My version of Pancake Muffins is made from scratch but you can also make them with pancake mix and sub in any of your favorites in place of the sausage – bacon, blueberries, you name it!
I was browsing Pinterest a couple of weeks ago when I came across The Pioneer Woman’s recipe for mini pancake muffins. They were adorable, and filled with blueberries which sounded so delicious. I decided to put my own spin on her cute little pancake muffins and try making them in a full-sized version with sausage. The end result? Super delicious pancake muffins with little bits of sausage, just perfect with real maple syrup drizzled over the top.
The sausage part is totally optional, but we loved these Pancake Muffins with the sausage. Alternatively, you could add in cooked bacon, blueberries, or even diced apples.
And of course, get some real maple syrup to drizzle over the top of the muffins. I’m talking’ about the real, pure Maple Syrup that’ll make you look twice at the price tag. Real maple syrup is pricey, but once you try it, you won’t go back. I like to get it from Costco, but Amazon also has a pretty good price on a big ole 32 ounce jug.
Be sure to start with cooked sausage, don’t even attempt to put raw sausage in these muffins. One word = ewe. You should also be able to use boxed pancake mix from the store in this recipe without any issues. Just follow the instructions on the box for making the mix, stir in the cooked sausage, and bake according to my instructions.
These pancake muffins heat up really great as leftovers, so make a big double batch if your family will want to eat them all week long for breakfast. Serve with some fruit on the side and you have a super simple breakfast!
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook breakfast sausage and cut into small pieces.
- In a small bowl combine milk with vinegar and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter and stir to combine.
- Stir in cooked breakfast sausage pieces.
- Prepare muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or line them with paper liners.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for about 15-16 minutes, or until done.
- Drizzle the muffins with maple syrup and serve immediately.