This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
French Toast is a classic breakfast staple but when you’re feeding your family or a larger group, it can be tedious to stand at the stove monitoring individual pieces of french toast as it cooks.
Enter this Overnight Baked French Toast casserole with hints of cinnamon and vanilla. It can be made with or without eggs, and with the use of Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, it’s a versatile option for both vegans and non-vegans alike.
This simple recipe for Overnight Baked French Toast comes together quickly. All you need is thick sliced bread of your choice, Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and ground flaxseed OR 5 large eggs.
I like to serve this Overnight Baked French Toast with Real Maple Syrup drizzled on top, but it would also be delicious served with fresh berries.
Not only is this recipe quick and easy to make, it’s a crowd pleaser. Whether you’re making it for a special weekend breakfast for your family, or bringing it to brunch to share with friends, it’s an easy recipe, full of flavor that always gets rave reviews.
Enjoy! Be sure to sign up to receive emails from Silk because you will get a coupon from them, and who doesn’t love saving money? Also, look for Silk’s #TasteLikeBetter social media tag to get even more great ideas on how you can use Silk in your delicious meals!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 10-12 slices thick bread
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed OR 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Real Maple Syrup
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 2/3 cup brown sugar with 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon.
- In another medium sized bowl whisk together ground flaxseed (or 5 large eggs) with Silk Almond Milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Place 5-6 pieces of thick bread in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle bread with half of the brown sugar mixture.
- Place remaining 5-6 pieces of thick bread in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle bread with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Pour milk and flaxseed mixture over the bread.
- Cover with tinfoil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake French Toast for 30 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with real maple syrup.