Love BLTs but looking to eat healthier? This BLT Salad is the (awesome) solution for you!
Okay, peeps…BLTs. We love them, right?
They’re bacon. They’re crisp lettuce. They’re fresh, juicy tomatoes. It’s just all goodness and deliciousness on a sandwich. Ain’t no way around that.
BUT what about if we removed the bread? What if – I know – stay with me here…we kept it just as a BLT and made it a salad?
Did I just blow your mind? I sure hope so.
BLT salads are a great way to remove the extra carbs from your typical BLT and enjoy a fresh new way to enjoy the beloved BLT.
And, really, who says there has to be bread, am I right?
So now that I have you on board for this BLT salad idea (yay!), I’m gonna throw another curveball. You may wanna sit down for this. How about we make a tasty, creamy salad dressing and toss all the bacon, lettuce, and tomato goodness in it?
Sounds amazing, too, right? Good.
Best part is this homemade ranch dressing is healthy!
Here’s to being open to trying new ways to enjoy classic faves with this BLT Salad. And bacon. Here’s to BACON!
- 5 slices thick bacon
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. coconut sugar
- 5 oz. baby romaine lettuce
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crispy, flipping occasionally, approx. 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- When cool to touch, break into large crumbles.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together the greek yogurt, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, coconut sugar, and 1/8 tsp. kosher salt.
- To assemble the BLT Salad, divide the lettuce into two bowls, along with the bacon, and tomatoes. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the top and toss to coat evenly.