The cauliflower pizza uses cauliflower and cheese to make a no-grain pizza crust that is fluffy, flavorful, and crispy!
Today, I’m excited to be participating in Food Network’s Chopped At Home Challenge, to create a delicious dish with a basket of wholesome and healthy ingredients! During the first round of the Chopped at Home Challenge, we will be using Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Fine Cut, cauliflower, cremini mushrooms, and leeks, to create a comforting dish.
What’s your favorite comfort dish? For me, nothing is better than a just-out-of-the-oven pizza with a crispy crust, fresh toppings, and plenty of cheese!
But instead of making a normal pizza today, we will be using cauliflower to form the crust.
You might be thinking, whaaaat?
You didn’t hear me wrong! What we’re gonna do is process the cauliflower and leek into small bits, quickly cook them in the microwave, mix them with cheese and egg, shape everything into a crust, and bake it. That’s it! After 15 minutes, you’ll have a unique no-grain pizza crust that is fluffy, flavorful, and crispy. I promise, the pizza crust will make your kitchen smell like heaven and you’ll want to snack on it before even adding the toppings :)
After making the pizza crust, you simply need to chop some fresh tomatoes and mushrooms, scatter plenty of shredded cheese, and bake for 5 minutes. Then you’ll have a real-deal grain-free pizza that is fresh, healthy, and so yummy!
We love using Sargento cheese on pizzas. Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends, and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. Today I’m using the Sargento Shredded Cheddar Cheese for making both of the pizza crust and topping, because it creates a beautiful golden color. Alternatively, you can also choose to use Sargento Shredded 4 Cheese Italian as the topping.
Now it’s your turn to enter the competition! If you win the Chopped at Home Challenge, you’ll have the chance to go to NYC to face off in the Chopped kitchen at Food Network headquarters. The four finalists will each win $5,000. AND, the final winner will receive $10,000, just like a real Chopped champion!
Come join me and enter the Chopped At Home contest!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.
PIZZA CRUST INGREDIENTS
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, white part, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Sargento Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or dried oregano)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Sliced onion to taste (for some people this is exactly zero slices)
- 1/2 cup Sargento Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Add cauliflower and leek pieces into food processor, pulse a few times. Mix until all the cauliflower is shredded into “rice”. You might need to process it in two batches. Transfer everything to a big bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 4 to 5 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked. Transfer bowl to an ice bath or into the fridge to cool.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled enough to handle, transfer onto a few layers of cheesecloth (or a clean kitchen towel). Squeeze as hard as you can over the sink, until the juice is removed.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray a thin layer of oil on top.
- Combine cauliflower with Sargento Shredded Cheddar Cheese, egg, herbes de provence, and salt. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking tray. Press and shape into a pizza crust.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce on the pizza crust. Add tomato, cremini mushrooms, and onion. Scatter with Sargento Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake another 5 to 10 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked and the cheese melted.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Slice and serve immediately.