This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I couldn’t decided whether to make a Nutella cheesecake or a salted caramel cheesecake for this recipe – so I decided to do both!
Creamy vanilla cheesecake, swirled with salted caramel, then topped with lashings of Nutella and a good sprinkling of chopped roasted hazelnuts.
Trust me, this cheesecake won’t last long before it’s completely devoured, so be sure to get your piece first!
The base is no-bake – simply made from crushed crackers and butter. I like make quite a thick base – with sides too – to hold everything in. The filling is soft and creamy, and there’s a lot of it, so it pays to have that thick base.
Make sure the base is packed in firmly too (I squash it with flat to the base and sides using a straight-edged measuring cup).
The no-bake cheesecake filling has salted caramel mixed in, then dots of salted caramel swirled in too. This creates lovely little blobs that ooze out when you cut into the cheesecake.
That Nutella topping just finished the whole thing off. So addicting!!
- 17 oz Graham crackers, crushed into crumbs (I place mine into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin)
- 1 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups full-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup thick salted caramel sauce (shop bought is fine)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Take a round, 9-inch diameter, spring-form baking tin and line the base with a circle of baking parchment.
- Mix together the crushed cracker crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared baking tin and firmly press the mixture into the base and sides of the dish. I find it’s easier to use a straight-edged measuring cup and spoon to press the mixture into the sides of the tin, and to flatten the top rim of the cheesecake crust.
- Place in the refrigerator whilst you prepare the rest of the cheesecake.
- Pour the cream into a large bowl and whisk to soft peaks using an electric whisk. Add in the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and half of the salted caramel sauce. Whisk again until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cheesecake base until it almost reaches the top. Dot the top of the cheesecake with blobs of the remaining caramel sauce. Use a knife to swirl the caramel sauce in a little.
- Heat the Nutella in the microwave for a few seconds until it loosens up. Carefully pour the Nutella onto the cheesecake in lots of blobs. Use a spoon to joint the blobs up until the Nutella covers the whole top of the cheeesecake.
- Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top of the cheesecake – just around the edges.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour (up to a day), then carefully remove from the spring-form tin and remove the baking parchment. Place on a plate and serve immediately.