This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When it comes to getting dinner on the table during the week, I am all about quick and easy recipes that use as few pans and dishes as possible which is just one of the reasons that I adore this One Skillet Cheesy Italian Chicken (yes, you really only need one skillet!). Sargento challenged me to make a Chopped inspired recipe, and this is it! This Cheesey Italian Chicken Skillet is packed with flavor thanks to the sautéed red bell peppers, mushrooms, and shallots, and the best part? It’s cheesy thanks to Sargento® Chef Blends™ 6 Cheese Italian. If you are anything like me, cheese makes just about everything better. This One Skillet Cheesy Italian Chicken is no exception. To make it extra tender and juicy, you’ll marinate the chicken in a mixture of greek yogurt, olive oil, and Italian seasoning. You’ll be blown away by how tender this chicken is, all thanks to the greek yogurt marinade.
Now for the fun part. Sargento is hosting a “Chopped at Home” contest that YOU can enter (click here) The prize? $10,000. Yes, you could win $10,000 just for getting in the kitchen and making a recipe with Sargento Chef Blends 6 Cheese Italian, boneless skinless chicken breasts, red bell pepper, and greek yogurt. How cool is that? Sargento shredded cheese is cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese and this 6 Cheese Italian blend is chock full of Italian deliciousness with mozzarella, parmesan, provolone, fontina, romano and aged asiago. It’s perfect for all of your favorite classic Italian recipes.
What are you waiting for? Get yourself in the kitchen and come up with your best dish featuring Sargento Shredded Cheese. I’m not going to lie, I’d be beaming if one of my readers won and got a $10,000 check in the mail. There are less than 10 days to enter, don’t miss out! For details and to enter, click here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
MARINADE INGREDIENTS *optional
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Salt, black pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- To make the marinade: in a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag, and cover it with the marinade mixture. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. *Please note: If you are short on time, eliminate the marinade. While your chicken won’t be quite as tender, it will still be delicious.
- Season both sides of 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt, and black pepper. I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Use more or less to taste. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with Italian seasoning.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, making sure to wipe off any excess marinade with paper towels. Place the chicken in the pre-heated pan and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add a bit more olive oil if necessary. Add the mushrooms, diced bell pepper and diced shallot to the pan. Cook until tender, about four to six minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. To the pan, add in 1/3 cup chicken broth and cook until mostly evaporated.
- Stir in 1/3 cup heavy cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian. Place a lid on the pan for a minute or two to help the cheese melt.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.