This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One Skillet Chicken Bacon and Mushrooms in Parmesan Cream Sauce is loaded with flavor. It’s ready in under 30 minutes making it an easy go-to recipe. Say hello to your new favorite skillet chicken dinner!
30 minute meals are a necessity, especially on busy weeknights. Even better are recipes that can be made all in one pan. One skillet meals are simply the best.
This one skillet recipe for chicken, bacon, and mushrooms in a parmesan cream sauce is an easy recipe that comes together quickly. The ingredient list is short and sweet which is another aspect that I love.
I like to use boneless skinless chicken breast tenders because they cook quickly. My grocery store sells them already cut and packaged as tenders which is super convenient. I used white mushrooms but feel free to use any mushrooms that you’d like – crimini mushrooms or even baby bellas would be great too. You could also omit the mushrooms altogether if your family doesn’t do mushrooms. We all love mushrooms in this house, even my 3 year old, so I tend to incorporate them into a variety of recipes. :)
Lastly, for the parmesan cheese, I like to use a micro plane grater so that the cheese is finely grated. Finely grated parmesan cheese incorporates into the sauce quite nicely.
This recipe is keto/low-carb friendly. If you’re not following a low-carb or keto diet, you could certainly serve this recipe over noodles or rice and it’d be delicious. I served the chicken with broccoli and garlic bread. And just before serving, I sprinkled a little more finely grated parmesan cheese on top.
Ready in 30 minutes, this simple recipe for Chicken Bacon and Mushrooms in a Parmesan Cream Sauce will impress even the pickiest of eaters. And because it’s so flavorful and comes together quickly, you’ll find yourself making this recipe over and over and over again. Enjoy!
One Skillet Chicken Bacon and Mushrooms in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into tenders and seasoned with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6-8 ounces mushrooms I used white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese finely grated
- chopped parsley or green onion for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add three slices of bacon and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, crumble, then set aside.
- You should have about 1 tablespoon bacon drippings remaining. (Note: If there isn’t about 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings, add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan before adding the chicken.) To the bacon drippings add 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast tenders seasoned with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add in mushrooms and cook until tender.
- To the pan add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, then add 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. Stir to combine. Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes to thicken, then add in finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Return chicken to pan. Add in crumbled bacon.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley or green onion.