This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’ve always been a sucker for a good cinnamon roll, especially these Fast and Easy Cinnamon Rolls that require no yeast. They are quick, and easy compared to traditional cinnamon rolls that require a lot of patience while waiting for the dough to rise.
When I decided I wanted to make cinnamon roll bread, I knew I wanted another no yeast required recipe that was just as quick and easy. Yeast is fickle sometimes, ya know? Every single time I go to make bread that calls for yeast, I get nervous that I’m going to totally mess it up.
The good news about this quick and easy Cinnamon Roll Bread? It’s pretty much impossible to mess up. It’s fool-proof, and I love it. No bread machine or fancy bread maker is required. The dough can be mixed entirely with a spoon, and the result is so gosh darn delicious with a light icing/frosting that’ll make you swoon.
My favorite part is the cinnamon streusel topping/filling that’s sort of like what you might expect on a coffee cake, or muffins. It’s crumbly, and cinnamon-y, and delicious.
Now go grab a cup of tea or a big glass of milk, and enjoy this quick and easy Cinnamon Roll Bread fresh out of the oven!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg – room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk – I used 1%
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pre-heat our oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bread pan (about 9×5 inches) by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray or lightly greasing it with butter.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, vanilla extract and yogurt or sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. You can use a large wooden spoon for this if you wish, no mixer is required.
- In a small bowl combine swirl ingredients together – 1/3 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons water. Use a tablespoon to drop spoonfuls of this mixture over the bread, then use a knife to make swirl designs to incorporate the cinnamon mixture into the bread.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze ingredients by combining 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon milk.
- Remove the bread from the pan and allow it to continue cooling completely.
- When the bread has completely cooled, pour the glaze over the top and serve.
Recipe adapted from