This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pizza bites make a great lunch or after school-snack. A few of these will see everyone through to dinner time (although the kids will probably ask to have them for dinner too!).
So simple to make, it’s a great idea to get the kid’s involved and let them make their own.
For this recipe I’ve made a version with cheddar and pepperoni, and also a version with cheddar, mozzarella, basil and red onion.
You can use whatever you have in. Here are a few more suggestion that my kids love:
- Ham, pineapple and peppers
- Sun-dried tomato and feta
- Tuna and sweetcorn
The recipe also calls for pizza sauce, but if you haven’t got any, then tomato paste mixed with a splash of water and some dried oregano will do the job nicely.
I also use garlic and herb marinara sauce sometimes too.
Simple and versatile – always makes the best kind of snack!!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pepparoni minis
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese – torn into small pieces
- 1/4 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 basil leaves, roughly torn
- A few sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Spray 2 muffin trays with spray oil (This recipe makes approx 16 pizza bites, so you’ll probably need two trays).
- Place a tortilla on a chopping board and cut 4 circles out of it using an empty can or a cookie cutter (approx 2.5 inches diameter). Repeat with the remaining tortillas so you have 16 circles.
- Press the tortilla circles into the muffin trays. Make sure you push them to the bottom and then squash the sides against the sides of the tray – so you have enough room for the toppings.
- Place 1 tbsp of pizza sauce on each tortilla. Divide the cheddar between the tortillas.
- Divide the peperoni between half of the tortillas. Top the remaining tortillas with the mozzarella and red onion.
- Place into oven and cook for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 1 minute. Top the mozzarella pizzas with the basil. Sprinkle the parsley on the pepperoni pizzas before serving.