This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Enjoying the flavors of pumpkin pie doesn’t get much easier than this, ladies and gents. This gluten-free, low cholesterol, low sodium treat delivers all of the flavors of pumpkin pie, in smoothie form! I was pleasantly surprised at just how delicious and refreshing this smoothie is, given that it literally took me only five minutes to make!
I’m a fan of all things pumpkin from classic pumpkin pie, to pumpkin whoopee pies, to pumpkin monkey bread. You name it, I love it, including this lovely smoothie. I made a few changes to the original recipe (which I found on the VitaMix website) including swapping in almond milk in place of regular milk, and using greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt. Simple changes, but ones that offer a few extra health benefits. You get a little extra protein with the greek yogurt, and more calcium, and lower sugar and calorie levels with almond milk.
Topped with a little whipped cream and cinnamon? This is the perfect treat for a fall afternoon. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla yogurt (I used greek)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Whipped cream (for garnish, if desired)
- Cinnamon (for garnish, if desired)
- Place all the ingredients in your blender in the order listed, and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired. Serves 2.
Recipe slightly adapted from