This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are the perfect option to make when you are wondering what to do with lots of apples from the apple orchard. If you love cinnamon streusel coffee cake, you will love these soft, moist muffins.
If you are wondering what you can do with lots of apples after a trip to the apple orchard, wonder no more because these Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are soft, moist, bursting with juicy apple flavor, and SO delicious. Did I mention they’re topped with streusel and drizzled with a glaze? They are SO good.
Fall is the BEST time to make a variety of apple recipes after a visit to the Apple Orchard.
This recipe for cinnamon streusel muffins is a favorite in our house with these Baked Apple Cider Donut Holes coming in a close second.
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are soft and delicious, but the best part about them is the streusel topping made with brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and a little bit of flour.
On top of the cinnamon streusel topping is a glaze that is also to die for!
What are the best apples to use for baking muffins?
When you are planning your trip to the apple orchard to get apples for baking, make sure that you are keeping in mind that tart apples work best – this goes for everything from these muffins to Mini Apple Pies, and Instant Pot Apple Crisp.Look for apples like Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Braeburn, or Pink Lady’s just to name a few.
Can You Freeze Muffins with Streusel?
Often times we get questions regarding freezing muffins with a streusel topping and if it’s possible. The answer is yes. Individually wrap each muffin in plastic wrap, then place in a large freezer bag.
Please note, if you plan to freeze these muffins, we recommend that you do not drizzle them with the glaze.
Muffins thaw quickly. Just take them out of the freezer before you go to bed and you have a quick, yummy breakfast in the morning!
When you are planning your trip to the apple orchard, be sure to stock up on tart apples for all of your fall baking and make sure these Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are on your list of must-have fall recipes.
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs (large)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups peeled and chopped tart apples (about 2 small apples)
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk (2%) or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp butter (unsalted, melted)
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients (eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract).
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, stirring just until combined (the batter will be stiff).
- Fold in the peeled/chopped apples.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4’s of the way full.
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, and ground cinnamon. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut in the butter until it gets crumbly. Sprinkle the streusal topping over the muffin batter.
- Mix all glaze ingredients together. Drizzle over each muffin.