This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Little Smokies wrapped in bacon with brown sugar glaze. Served with a side of spicy ketchup! The perfect sweet and savory combo!
The perfect appetizer for football tailgating, birthday parties, or the neighborhood potluck — these Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies with brown sugar glaze are the perfect crowd-pleasing sensation.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Ingredients
- Little Smokies – the star of the recipe! Lil’ smokies are cocktail sausages with a smoky flavor. Think miniature hot dogs.
- Bacon – slices of bacon wrap each individual sausage and get secured with a tooth pick. Cut each slice of bacon into 3-4 pieces.
- Brown sugar – this adds the sweet to the savory! The brown sugar becomes a glaze as the little smokies bake in the oven and the result is a perfect sugary coat for each sausage.
How long to bake little smokies
After wrapping each sausage in bacon, arrange the little smokies on a rimmed baking sheet.
It’ll take about 22-25 minutes in a 350 degrees F oven for the bacon to crisp up around the little smokies.
These smell absolutely incredible while they bake!
While the little smokies bake, make the spicy ketchup for dipping!
Spicy Ketchup for dipping:
To make spicy ketchup you’ll need:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve.
These bacon wrapped little smokies also pair well with plain ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Variations for Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies:
There are various ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own.
- Try a flavored bacon- maple bacon would be delicious here!
- Season the brown sugar glaze – try adding cayenne pepper to the brown sugar for a little kick!
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies are perfect for entertaining. I’ve served them at parties simply heated with ketchup or BBQ sauce for dipping, I’ve also made the crock pot/ slow cooker recipe with the grape jelly – you know which one I’m talking about, right?
Whichever way you decide to enjoy Little Smokies, you can’t go wrong. Ideal for a crowd, and perfect finger food, they are always a hit!
Q: What are some of YOUR favorite foods to enjoy while watching sports?
Thank you so, SO much for following along, reading, commenting, sharing and trying my recipes! I appreciate YOU so much! :)
More Party Appetizers
Serving these at a party? Here are some of our favorite party appetizers!
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- 16 oz little smokies sauages
- 16 oz bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flake
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut strips of bacon into 3-4 pieces so that each piece of bacon will fit around a little smokie.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around a little smokie and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon wrapped little smokies on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 1 cup brown sugar over the little smokies.
- Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and the brown sugar has turned into a glaze.
- While the little smokies bake, prepare the spicy ketchup – in a small bowl combine ketchup, cayenne pepper, red pepper flake and garlic powder.