The Best Classic Stuffed Mushrooms with a creamy cheesy filling including garlic and parmesan cheese. They are low-carb and keto friendly and the perfect restaurant quality appetizer.
If you’re looking for the best stuffed mushrooms, look no further! They are everything a stuffed mushroom should be – yummy and delicious with a creamy filling. This is my go-to classic stuffed mushroom recipe that comes together quickly and is the perfect appetizer that everyone will enjoy. It is vegetarian, keto, and low-carb friendly.
It’s entirely vegetarian – no sausage, no crab, no bacon. Of course you could add those things if you wish, but this is just a basic, simple recipe that everyone loves and perfect for entertaining.
Why is it that a mushroom stuffed with cheesy goodness can bring me such extreme happiness? I kept the filling on these guys pretty simple – simply cream cheese, garlic, parmesan cheese and a few seasonings. That’s it. While they are simple in terms of ingredients and preparation, the result is super flavorful and something you might expect from a restaurant.
In other words, I think you’re going to love this recipe for classic stuffed mushrooms just as much as we do!
And of course, like I mentioned, you could certainly add in sausage or crab if you wish, or even spinach. Get creative and enjoy!
- 20 fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (I use my microplane grater for this)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set aside, you’ll need these in a minute.
- Use a damp cloth to wash the mushrooms.
- Cut any hard part off the mushroom stems and discard. Chop up the remaining mushroom stems so that they are really fine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Sauté the chopped mushroom stems and garlic for 5-10 minutes. Turn the heat to low. Stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper and oregano. Stir well.
- Spoon about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are nicely browned.
- Serve immediately.