This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Greek Pasta Salad with feta cheese is everything you want a pasta salad to be. It’s quick and easy to make, loaded with veggies, and tossed with an incredible homemade greek dressing. There are a variety of ways that you could modify this recipe to make it your own, including making this Greek pasta salad with orzo or adding chicken but we’ll talk more about that in just a minute.
Greek Pasta Salad Ingredients
Pasta: We used fusili but you could also make this Greek Pasta Salad with orzo or penne. Cook the pasta according to package instructions making sure to salt the water before adding the pasta to the pot. We prefer al dente for pasta salads. Before draining the pasta, reserve 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water for the dressing
Veggies: This pasta salad includes all of the veggies you’d expect to find on a greek salad (my favorite Greek salad is from Panera, by the way. I love the dressing and have a Homemade Greek Dressingthat tastes just like it) including diced cucumber, chopped cherry tomatoes, red onion and olives of your choice.
Cheese: This Greek Pasta Salad would not be complete without feta cheese! You’ll need about ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese but if you want more, go for it.
Greek Pasta Salad Dressing Ingredients:
To make the dressing for this pasta salad, you’ll need olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, honey, and 2-3 tablespoons of reserved pasta water. Just add all of the ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake it up. Reserve about 1/4 cup of dressing to add to the pasta salad right before serving.
What to serve with Greek Pasta Salad:
I am never disappointed in my decisions when I decide to pair this Greek Pasta Salad with my recipe for Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken. Boneless skinless chicken breasts get stuffed with a combo of feta cheese, roasted red peppers, fresh basil and parsley. It is AMAZING and this Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect side.
Sometimes I make this Greek Pasta Salad with chicken by shredding up leftover chicken breasts or getting a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It makes for a super easy summer dinner idea that’s full of flavor.
If you’re looking for another delicious pasta salad that has an oil based dressing versus a creamy dressing, try our Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad with lemon vinaigrette. It’s another favorite pasta salad that we find ourselves making over and over. If you’re looking for another delicious recipe with all of your favorite greek flavors, try our Chopped Kale Greek Salad.
We hope you enjoy this Greek Pasta Salad recipe with feta! If you make this recipe, and we hope you do, please come back to let us know what you think by leaving a comment below or tagging us on social media.Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons reserved pasta water
- 1 pound fusili pasta (or penne)
- 1 large Cucumber, diced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olives of your choice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions making sure to salt the water before adding the pasta. Once cooked, reserve 2-3 tablespoons pasta water for the dressing, then drain the pasta.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake to combine or add to a bowl and whisk.
- Toss the pasta together with all but 1/4 cup of dressing. You will add this in just before serving.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, olives, red onions and feta and stir to combine. Do not add the cucumbers at this point- they will become soggy. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, add in diced cucumber and remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Stir to combine.
- Serve cold.