This One Pot Taco Spaghetti Recipe is easy to make and perfectly satisfies your taco cravings! Topped with cheddar cheese and any of your favorite toppings, it’s perfect for taco night!
One Pot Taco Spaghetti is so easy to make and the perfect combination between classic spaghetti and tacos. And because it’s made entirely in one pot, it’ll satisfy your cravings for tacos and spaghetti without the large stockpot you might need otherwise. The taco meat combined with spaghetti noodles is so perfect for busy nights. It’s a one-pot meal that your whole family will love. Let’s cook dinner!!
To get started, you’ll need a few simple ingredients.
One Pot Taco Spaghetti Ingredients:
- Ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken: You will need one pound of lean ground beef. Alternatively, you can substitute one pound of ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Spaghetti: I do not recommend substituting a different type of noodle. Spaghetti is quick cooking and lends itself well to this one pot spaghetti variation. You will need 8 ounces of dry spaghetti noodles.
- Diced Tomatoes: You will need one 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes. Alternatively, you could use Rotel tomatoes and eliminate the can of diced green chillies.
- Green Chiles: You will need one 4 ounce can of diced green chillies. These are mild and don’t add much heat, but definitely add some flavor. If you use Rotel in place of diced green tomatoes, you can eliminate the can of chillies because Rotel is a combination of tomatoes and chillies.
- Beef broth: Beef broth or beef stock adds some good beefy flavor to this recipe. If you don’t have any on hand, you can substitute water in its place.
- Taco seasoning: You’ll need one standard packet of taco seasoning. Alternatively, you could use homemade taco seasoning.
- Cheddar cheese: You’ll need 6-8 ounce of shredded cheddar cheese. I like to use a sharp cheddar when I’m cooking with cheddar, but you can use whatever you have on hand — mozzarella cheese would be another great option.
- Cream cheese: I used about 4 ounces of cream cheese. This makes the taco spaghetti extra creamy and delicious!
- Garnishes: I garnished this taco spaghetti with diced green onion and chopped cilantro. Garnish it with whatever taco toppings that you enjoy.
- Optional ingredients: One way to add additional veggies to this meal is by sautéing some bell peppers and onions with the meat. This one pot taco spaghetti is delicious with and without the veggies.
How to make One Pot Taco Spaghetti
This One Pot Taco Spaghetti defines easy dinner. It is so easy to make and will be ready in under 30 minutes. You’ll start by adding a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet heated to medium-high heat. Then you’ll add in the ground beef or ground turkey. Break the meat apart as it cooks into bite sized pieces. Drain any excess grease.
To the skillet you’ll add in taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, spaghetti noodles, beef broth, and diced green chillies. Bring it to a boil, cover the skillet, then reduce to medium heat and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through.
Add in a little cream cheese and your shredded cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Garnish with any of your favorite taco toppings like green onion and fresh cilantro.
How to store leftover Taco Spaghetti
Leftovers of this One Pot Taco Spaghetti are even better the second day after all of the flavors have melded together in the fridge! Just be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
One Pot Spaghetti FAQ + Tips and Tricks
To add some vegetables to this recipe, try adding in diced bell peppers and diced yellow onions. Sauté the peppers and onions with the ground meat as it cooks.
Another delicious option would be to add in black beans for extra fiber. Make sure to rinse the black beans under cold running water for about 30 seconds before tossing them in.
For more tomato flavor, feel free to add in a squeeze of tomato paste to the meat as it cooks. Tomato paste is simply concentrated tomato puree that adds a lot of flavor. About a tablespoon added to the meat will give you some extra flavor to your meat.
While the packet of taco seasoning seasons everything perfectly, feel free to add in a little chili powder to add a little heat.
What we love about this recipe and what you’ll love about it too!
We love that this recipe is made entirely in one pot. There’s no need for a large pot to cook the pasta in because the pasta cooks right in the skillet that you cook your meat in. This recipe is flavorful and delicious and ready in under 30 minutes. The whole family will love it!
Looking for more easy dinner recipes?
Looking for more easy dinner recipes? This Cheesy Baked Rigatoni is always a favorite with the kiddos and it only requires 5 ingredients!
Did you know that you can make spaghetti in the Instant Pot? It only takes 20 minutes Here’s our recipe for How to Make Spaghetti in the Instant Pot.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for One Pot Taco Spaghetti. Taco night just got a little more delicious. Enjoy!
One Pot Taco Spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 – 1 ounce taco seasoning packet
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 green onions, diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey. Break apart the meat into bite sized pieces. When the meat is browned, drain excess grease.
- To the pan add in taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, spaghetti noodles, beef broth, and green chillies. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 14-16 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with green onion and chopped cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings.