This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pork Chop lovers and pork chop skeptics, let’s gather ’round for just a minute to talk about this quick and easy recipe that the pork chops lovers will love, and the skeptics might too! The cooking process of pan searing the pork chops, then roasting them in the oven is what produces an incredibly tender, juicy pork chop. Served with green beans, it’s a nicely balanced, flavorful meal for any night of the week.
The simplicity of this meal combined with the flavorful, juicy pork chops and green beans is what makes this delicious pan-roasted pork chops with ginger green beans so amazingly fantastic. Not only is pan-roasting amazing for meats, but this meal is super easy to make, incredibly fast, and it can be made using just two pans.
How to sear pork chops:
You’ll begin by seasoning 4-6 large bone-in pork chops with paprika, dried ginger, dried mustard, salt and black pepper. In a large oven-safe skillet (this is important, because you’ll be transferring the skillet to the oven.If you do not have an oven-safe skillet, that’s fine, you’ll just need to transfer the chops to a baking dish after searing them) you’ll heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Make sure the skillet is heated over high. The high heat is going to give us the sear that we are looking for with these pork chops! Cook the pork chops for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
How to Roast Pork Chops:
After you’ve seared the bone-in pork chops on the stove top, the cooking process is going to finish in the oven. Transfer the oven-safe skillet to the oven and roast for 3 minutes, then flip the pork chops and roast for an additional 3 minutes.When the internal temperature of your pork chops reaches 145-160, they are done. Remove the pork chops from the oven, cover them, and allow them to rest.
Making the Green Beans to go with the Pork Chops
Green Beans are the perfect side dish to go along with the pork chops. The trick with this meal is to cook the green beans quickly in the a pan while the pork chops are quickly roasting in the oven. Then, once you remove the chops and allow them to rest before serving, you can finish the green beans in the same pan you used for the pork chops. This provides such a delicious flavor on the green beans and slightly sears them because the pan is so hot. So good!
If you don’t have bone-in, thick pork chops, you can also use boneless, just be sure to reduce the cooking time because they will not need as much time in the oven.
What to serve with pork chops:
In addition to the green beans, I like to serve these pork chops with mashed potatoes. These Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are my favorite and pair perfectly with these pork chops, or my other favorite recipe — Pan Seared Pork Chops.
PORK CHOP INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 thick-cut, thick, bone-in pork chops
GINGER GREEN BEANS INGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb. green beans, de-stemmed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Combine the paprika, dried ginger, dried mustard, kosher salt, brown sugar, and pepper in a small bowl to make the spice rub.
- Generously coat all sides of the pork chops with the spice rub.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over high heat.
- Once hot, add the pork chops and cook on high for 2 minutes. Then, flip and cook opposite side for 2 minutes.
- Place the entire skillet into the oven and roast the pork chops for 3 minutes. Then, flip the chops over and roast for an additional 3 minutes in the oven.
- While the pork chops are in the oven, in a separate skillet, add 1 tbsp. olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, red pepper flakes, dried ginger, and soy sauce and increase the heat to high. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and cover the green beans until the pork chops are ready to be served.
- Carefully remove the pork chops from the oven and transfer to a plate. Cover with tin foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the pork chops are resting, place the green beans into the hot pork chop skillet with the reserved juices and toss to coat with the juices before serving.