This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bakery style Jumbo Sugar Cookies are quick and easy to make which means they can be enjoyed any time! Here’s your ultimate guide to massive giant sugar cookies!
There’s something about a giant sugar cookie from the bakery that’s absolutely magical. A massive jumbo sugar cookie is simply more fun than its smaller counterpart. It’s all about the perfect balance of ingredients to achieve the best jumbo sugar cookie!
These sugar cookies are so fun (just as fun as my jumbo chocolate chip cookies)!! I wanted to create a huge, soft cookie- just like you would buy from a bakery, and that’s just what these are! They are so easy to make and the dough doesn’t have to chill at all, which means you can be eating a warm cookie in less than 20 minutes!!
Jumbo Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- butter – use real unsalted butter. No margarine
- sugar – granulated sugar is the star of the show!
- egg – room temperature is best
- all-purpose flour – the base of the dough
- baking soda – gives a bit of rise and texture
- cornstarch – helps provide a soft tender texture
- salt – enhances the overall flavor of the cookie
- coarse sugar – for sprinkling on top to give it the classic bakery cookie look!
Making Jumbo Sugar Cookies
This recipe yields 6 big cookies. To create the perfect massive jumbo sugar cookies, you’ll need to keep a few things in mind.
- Measure the dough – you will use ⅓ cup cookie dough to create the perfect big cookie.
- Space them – allow adequate room on the cookie sheets. Only three cookies will fit on one pan at a time.
- Top with coarse sugar – this is that final touch that will give it that bakery style touch!
These cookies have a slight crunch on the edges, the center is extremely soft and chewy, they are not overly sweet, and the sugar on top is the perfect addition.
Jumbo Sugar Cookie Variations
These are perfect for gifts! For holidays like Christmas, you can sprinkle a little red or green sugar on top! You will love that these cookies do not need to be rolled out. They are just mixed, scooped, and baked. So easy!!
You will love how fast and delicious these are! One bowl and 20 minutes is all it takes until you have some seriously big cookies!
More Jumbo Cookie Recipes to Try:
If you try this recipe for Jumbo Sugar Cookies, please leave a comment or tag me on social media. I love hearing from you!
Jumbo Sugar Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Scoop into balls using 1/3 cup measure. It should equal 6 even balls of dough. Place 3 dough balls on a cookie sheet, with enough room for them to spread. Slightly press down and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake 14-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.