These Jumbo Monster Cookies are full of peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and M&M’s. Easy to make, soft, thick, and delicious!
New to monster cookies and wondering what they’re all about? Clearly by looking at the picture, you can see they are full of irresistible goodness. Monster Cookies start with a basic cookie dough, then you add in mix-ins like chocolate chips and M&M’s. But, Monster Cookies are also versatile and you can add in anything you’d like. I’ve seen recipes for butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, toffee pieces, and chopped nuts. The options are endless!
The beauty about this recipe is that it is so easy and completely mixed in one bowl by hand. No mixer required. The dough doesn’t need to be chilled either so they really are so easy and ready in under 30 minutes.
Big, chewy and thick, these Monster Cookies are the type that your kids would love to come home to for a special after school snack. Or bring them to an event or a bake sale and they will be sure to impress.
You may notice that there is no salt added- that is not an accident. Most peanut butter comes salted so no additional salt is needed. All natural peanut butter is not the best option for these. You will want a traditional, popular brand for best results. The natural peanut butter is too grainy and the texture is better with the smoother kind. I tried both- just to see the difference.
Did I mention these are jumbo monster cookies ? Each cookie is made with 1/2 cup of cookie dough- that is no joke! These are so big, thick, and delicious! Peanut butter and chocolate is a classic combination and adding the oats make them chewy and so perfect! These are also naturally gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free oats.
For another incredible Monster Cookie Option, try our Monster Cookie Dough Dip, yes dip, and your little dessert-loving heart will be happy. Alternatively, you can start with our basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip that gets rave reviews, and add in any toppings you’d like.
You will love these cookies because they are so easy, thick, chewy, perfectly sweet, and BIG!!
- 16oz jar peanut butter, about 1 3/4 cups (do not use all natural)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cups M&M’s (mini, holiday, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the oats and baking soda. Stir well, make sure it is very well mixed.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, portion out balls and roll between palms to make them smooth.
- Place 3 cookies on a cookie sheet at once so they have room to spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes then press them down slightly using a fork and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Let cool on the tray about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.