This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Lasagna Soup brings together all of your favorite flavors of lasagna in a comforting bowl of cheesy, delicious soup! This Lasagna Soup recipe is easy to make and made entirely in one pot! Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup is a bowl of perfection!
There’s something to be said about the rich, layered flavors of lasagna that make it a favorite comfort food. What if I told you that you could enjoy all that lasagna has to offer without the hassle of layering noodles, sauce, and cheese and baking it in the oven?
Enter this easy one-pot lasagna soup – a must make recipe year after year. This recipe perfectly captures all of your favorite flavors of traditional lasagna in an ultra convenient and quite satisfying bowl of soup.
Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or a novice, you’ll appreciate the ease of this recipe.
How to Make Lasagna Soup
Here’s a brief snapshot of how to make Lasagna Soup, along with suggested ingredient substitutions. A full detailed, printable recipe can be found at the bottom of the post.
- Start with a large stock pot – you’ll need a fairly large pot to fit all of the ingredients! You’ll begin by browning your meat of choice. I used Italian Sausage. You could also use ground beef or ground turkey.
- Add in the aromatics – onions first, then garlic. You want to sauté the onions until they are translucent.
- Tomatoes, broth, and noodles come next. If you don’t have fire-roasted tomatoes, go ahead and use regular diced tomatoes. You can use rotini noodles, or break apart pieces of lasagna noodles.
- Seasonings – the seasonings that you’ll need for this Lasagna Soup include red pepper flake, oregano, salt and pepper, along with basil. Adjust the seasonings according to taste and whatever you have on hand.
- Cheese topping – arguably, the best part about lasagna is the cheese topping. You’ll make a topping consisting of cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Ricotta cheese is a great substitute for the cottage cheese.
Once the Lasagna Soup is done cooking, you’ll spoon it into oven-safe bowls (if you have them).
Then top with that yummy cheese mixture….
And broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted, gooey and delicious!
What to serve with Lasagna Soup
There are so many delicious options that you can serve with this Lasagna Soup. Our number one favorite option is:
- Garlic Bread – you can’t go wrong with this Perfect Cheesy Garlic Bread!
- A side salad – especially with our homemade ranch dressing.
- Roasted vegetables – roasted broccoli or asparagus would be delicious!
- Caprese Salad
- Grilled Cheese – a classic grilled cheese sandwich always pairs perfectly with a bowl of comforting soup!
Easy one-pot lasagna soup is a fantastic way to enjoy all the flavors of traditional lasagna without the hassle of layering and baking. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner that’s both comforting and convenient. Plus, the beauty of this recipe is that you can customize it to your liking by adding extra vegetables or spices. So, the next time you’re craving the warm embrace of comfort food, whip up a pot of this delicious lasagna soup and savor the comforting flavors of home.
- 8 oz rotini noodles
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 12 oz ground Italian Sausage
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flake optional
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 cups chicken broth/stock
- 28 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Add the onion to the stockpot and sauté until translucent. Then add in the garlic, and stir for a minute or two.
- Stir in the red pepper flake and allow to cook for a minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper. The pasta will cook as the soup simmers.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the Italian sausage back in and allow the soup to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your broiler on high.
- Make the cheese topping by combining cottage or ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- To serve, spoon about 1-2 cups of soup into oven-safe bowls. Spread some of the cheese mixture over the top and broil for a few minutes, or until the cheese is all melted and bubbly. Keep a close eye on the bowls of soup as the cheese melts so that it doesn’t burn.
Recipe adapted from