This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Red Velvet Kiss Cookies made with a box of cake mix are easy to make! Only 5 ingredients are needed to make this favorite Christmas Cookie!
Christmas time can be hectic! Sometimes we just need a shortcut like a box of cake mix. This recipe requires only 5 ingredients and is a delicious take on the traditional Peanut Butter Blossom Christmas Cookie!
Red Velvet Kiss Cookies Ingredients
- Red Velvet Cake Mix – if you haven’t made cookies with a box of cake mix, you must! It’s one of life’s great baking hacks!
- Cream Cheese – softened — this makes the cookies moist and soft.
- Hershey’s Kisses
Making Red Velvet Cookies
Here is a brief overview of how to make easy Red Velvet Kiss Cookies. The full recipe with ingredients is found below in the recipe card.
- Combine ingredients – in a bowl combine cake mix with cream cheese, butter and an egg. Mix well. It will take time to combine all of the ingredients and make sure they are all well incorporated with one another.
- Scoop into balls – 2 tablespoons per cookie
- Bake – be sure to line your baking sheets with parchment paper
- Cool – allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the Hershey Kiss – gently press an unwrapped Hershey Kiss onto the top of the cookie.
You will love how fast and simple these are! The cream cheese keeps them so moist and soft and the kiss on top combines perfectly with the rich cookie. It is a great combination. The red velvet is perfect for Christmas, but they are good enough to make all year long. I highly recommend keeping a box of cake mix in your cupboard for those times for need a sweet treat in a pinch.
Perfect for sharing, these Red Velvet Kiss Cookies are always a Christmas Cookie favorite!
More Christmas Treat Favorites
Here are some more of our favorite Christmas treats and cookies to make each year:
- Rolo Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Lofthouse Frosted Sugar Cookies
If you make these Red Velvet Kiss Cookies, please leave a comment or tag me on social media. I love hearing from you! Enjoy!
Red Velvet Kiss Cookies
- 1 Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake Mix 15.4oz
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 18 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, egg, cream cheese, and butter together in a large bowl until smooth. This will take some stirring and it will look dry at first. Keep stirring until it is fully mix and no cream cheese or cake mix spots remain.
- Scoop into 2 tablespoon balls and roll between palms to smooth.
- Place 9 cookies on each tray and bake, one tray at a time, for 14 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, unwrap 18 Hershey Kisses.
- Let cookies cool for about 2-3 minutes then top with Hershey Kiss.
- Repeat with remaining tray of cookies.