Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Muffins are light, refreshing, and scrumptious!
I am ALWAYS searching for good muffins! One of my favorite recipes is for Cinnamon Sugar Muffins, but I wanted something a little lighter, something better for spring. Because my recipe for Strawberry Yogurt Cake was such a hit, I decided I’d attempt a muffin version. The result was a light, refreshing muffin, perfect for spring and summer!
You’ll want to start with 2 cups of fresh, sliced strawberries. Make sure your strawberries are fresh, juicy, and sweet, otherwise the muffins won’t be quite as delicious. In addition to the strawberries, you’ll need all of the usual suspects that you typically find in muffins. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of your mixer, combine strawberries, brown sugar, yogurt, oil, and an egg.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until thoroughly combined. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full. I was able to get about 15 muffins from the mixture.
Bake the muffins for about 20-25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and a tooth-pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
These little muffins are moist and scrumptious! And with strawberries in season right now, and in abundance, these muffins are a great way to use up any extra strawberries you have on hand.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 cups sliced/chopped strawberries
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin by lining it with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour with 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- With your mixer, combine 2 cups strawberries with 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1 large egg.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full. I was able to get about 15 muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.