This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy Peanut Butter Pie with Oreo Cookie crust is made with peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip and topped with fudge.
Looking for The Best Peanut Butter Pie Recipe? Look no further. If you like peanut butter as much as we do in this house, you are going to adore this recipe for classic Peanut Butter Pie made with an Oreo cookie crust. It’s decadent, loaded with peanut butter and is sure to satisfy your craving for something sweet! To make it even more decadent, I decided to top it my recipe for Easy Homemade Hot Fudge to create this awesome recipe for Peanut Butter Pie.
Peanut Butter Pie Ingredients
A short ingredient list is all that’s needed to make this delicious pie.
Two ingredient Oreo crust:
- Oreos – use a food processor to process cookies into a fine crumb or place cookies in a bag and use a rolling pin to crush them
- Butter – melted
Oreo crust alternative: buy a pre-made Oreo crust from the store to make this a no-bake pie option.
For the peanut butter pie filling:
- peanut butter – use creamy full-fat peanut butter
- cream cheese – this combined with the peanut butter is creamy perfection
- powdered sugar
- Cool Whip – also known as whipped topping
How to make peanut butter pie
- Make the crust – combine crushed Oreos with melted butter, press into a pie pan
- Bake the crust – it only takes 5-7 minutes to bake the Oreo crust
- Make the filling – in a bowl beat together peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip.
- Assemble the pie – after the crust has cooled, pour the peanut butter evenly into the Oreo crust.
- Refrigerate – the pie will need at least 1 hour to set up in the refrigerator
From start to finish, you can have this pie ready to go in the refrigerator in about 22 minutes.
After the pie has had at least an hour to set-up in the refrigerator, serve. Serving suggestions:
- top each slice of peanut butter pie with additional Cool Whip or whipped cream
- drizzle each piece of pie with fudge sauce from the grocery store or make my recipe for Easy Homemade Hot Fudge.
More peanut butter dessert recipes
Peanut Butter dessert recipes are some of our most favorite. After you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Pie, come back and try some of our other favorite peanut butter desserts:
We hope you enjoy this recipe for The Best Peanut Butter Pie made with an Oreo Crust and drizzled with fudge. If you buy a pre-made Oreo Crust from the store, it’s a no-bake recipe that is perfect for those hot summer days. If you try this recipe, and we hope you do, please leave a comment or tag us on social media and let us know what you thought. Enjoy!
The Best Peanut Butter Pie with Oreo Crust
- 22 Oreos (regular, not double-stuff)
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- fudge ice cream topping or Easy Homemade Hot Fudge
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until you have a fine crumb mixture. Alternatively, if you don't have a food processor, place the Oreos in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin or other heavy object to crush them.
- Combine the crushed Oreos with the melted butter and press firmly into a pie pan to create the crust. Bake for 5-7 minutes, then allow the crust to cool completely.
- With your mixer, combine cream cheese and peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix well.
- Beat in Cool Whip and mix until the pie filling is light and fluffy.
- Spread the filling into the Oreo crust that has completely cooled. Place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Right before serving, heat the fudge ice cream topping according to the directions on the jar and drizzle a spoonful over each piece of pie.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from
The Pioneer Woman