This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Would all of you Chocolate Lasagna lovers please stand up? Great, now that you’re all standing, let’s do a little happy dance for this incredible White Chocolate Lasagna! Everything you love about my Chocolate Lasagna recipe that took the Internet by storm back in 2013 … except a white chocolate version! Yes, it’s amazing and you’re going to love it.
In case you’ve never had my Chocolate Lasagna before, let me give you a brief introduction. Back in 2013 after I posted my original Chocolate Lasagna recipe, it went viral. It was the first time I ever had a recipe go viral and let me tell you… that recipe single handedly changed the trajectory of my little corner of the Internet here at CenterCutCook. Since then, I’ve been known as the “Chocolate Lasagna” girl and millions of people around the world have been introduced to and fallen in love with the chocolate layered dessert we know and love today.
I’ve made a couple of Chocolate Lasagna variations over the years for all of you, including these Chocolate Lasagna Cupcakes and this Chocolate Lasagna parfait and decided it was time to introduce all of you to this White Chocolate Lasagna Recipe made with a Golden Oreo crust and vanilla pudding and topped with lots of white chocolate chips and Golden Oreo crumbs.
If you have made my original Chocolate Lasagna, you’ll know exactly what to expect. Let’s talk about ingredients and steps!
White Chocolate Lasagna Ingredient Notes
For the crust:
Golden Oreos – these are the vanilla variety of Oreos that come in a yellow/golden package. You’ll need about 36 Golden Oreos
Butter – You will need 6 tablespoons butter – melted. Salted or unsalted is fine.
Use a food processor and pulse the Golden Oreos into a fine crumb. Alternatively, you can use a rolling pin or other heavy object to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs. Reserve 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs to garnish the dessert.To the crumbs you’ll add in 6 tablespoons melted butter. Use a fork to combine the butter into the cookie crumb mixture. This is your crust! After preparing a 9×13 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray, you’ll press the cookie and butter mixture into the bottom of the dish to form the crust. Place the dish in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining layers of White Chocolate Lasagna.
For the cheesecake layer:
Cream Cheese – you will need one – 8 ounce package of cream cheese that is softened. Do not use the reduced fat or fat free variety. Traditional cream cheese is required. Allow it to sit at room temperature for thirty minutes to an hour so that it has time to soften up.
Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
Milk – we recommend using 1% or 2% milk. You will need 2 Tablespoons of milk.
Cool Whip – you’ll need about 1 and 1/4 cups of Cool Whip for the cream cheese layer. The remaining Cool Whip is for the top!
In a large bowl, use mixer to beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 Tablespoons of milk and mix. Add in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip and mix to combine. Set aside.
For the pudding layer:
Pudding – You have options when it comes to the pudding layer! Jell-O makes a white chocolate Instant pudding that can be difficult to find. White Chocolate pudding would be ideal in this recipe but other delicious options include using Instant Cheesecake pudding or Instant Vanilla pudding. You will need 2 packages that are 3.4 ounces each.
Milk – you will need 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Use your mixer to combine the pudding mix with the milk. It will take a few minutes of mixing for the pudding layer to thicken. Set aside.
For the Cool Whip layer:
The remaining Cool Whip will get evenly spread over the top. To garnish this beautiful White Chocolate Lasagna, you’ll need the cookie crumbs that you reserved when you were making the crust, along with lots of white chocolate chips. Ghirardelli white chocolate chips are my personal favorite, but you can use whichever brand you like best.
Once this White Chocolate Lasagna is assembled, you’ll want to allow it to chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, or the freezer for an hour before serving.
White Chocolate Lasagna FAQ:
Can I make this Chocolate Lasagna ahead of time? Absolutely! White Chocolate Lasagna is a great make-ahead dessert option. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days before you need it.
Can I use reduced fat cream cheese?
No, use regular Cream Cheese
What if I can’t find White Chocolate Pudding?
Go ahead and use Instant Vanilla pudding or Instant Cheesecake Pudding. You will need two boxes that are 3.4 ounces each.
The Best Chocolate Lasagna!
This White Chocolate Lasagna is the perfect addition to our collection of the Best Chocolate Lasagna recipes! It is easy to make, and always a crowd pleaser! Once you try this version, you will understand the predicament I’m currently facing — I cannot decide which Chocolate Lasagna I like best — the original Chocolate Lasagna or this White Chocolate Lasagna! Both are amazing. Enjoy!
- 36-40 Golden Oreos crushed, reserve 2 tablespoons for topping
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (for cream cheese layer)
- 12-16 ounces Cool Whip, divided
- 2- 3.4 ounce packages Instant White Chocolate Pudding (or Cheesecake, or Vanilla)
- 3 and 1/4 cups milk (for pudding)
- 1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish by spraying it with non-stick spray, or lining it with foil and spraying it with non-stick spray.
- Crush Golden Oreo Cookies using a food processor, rolling pin, or other heavy object that can crush cookies into a fine crumb. Reserve two tablespoons crushed cookies for topping.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs with 6 tablespoons melted butter. Use a fork to incorporate the butter.
- Press the crust into the prepared dish and place in the refrigerator while you make the additional layers.
- Make the cheesecake layer: place the cream cheese in a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add in 2 tablespoons milk, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 and 1/4 cups cool whip. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Make the pudding layer: in a large bowl, combine two packages white chocolate instant pudding (3.4 ounces each) with 3 and 1/4 cups milk. Mix for 3-4 minutes or until the pudding thickens.
- Evenly spread the cheesecake mixture over the prepared crust.
- Evenly spread the pudding mixture over the cheesecake layer.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle reserved crushed cookies on top along with 1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate chips.
- Cover, then place the White Chocolate Lasagna in the freezer for 1 hour or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.