This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Some of you are looking at this picture of Strawberry Lasagna and just know in your heart that it is a dessert you NEED to make. I know we have some dessert lasagna lovers here – after all, everyone has gone crazy for my OG Chocolate Lasagna recipe along with a new fan favorite, White Chocolate Lasagna. What is it about layered desserts that make them so irresistibly good? This recipe is a winner winner and I just know you are going to fall in love with Easy Strawberry Lasagna.
🍓 Ingredients you will need to make Strawberry Lasagna
For the crust:
Lorna Dune Cookies – The base of this Strawberry Lasagna is a Lorna Dune Cookie Crumble Crust. If you aren’t familiar with Lorna Dune cookies, they are light and delicious shortbread cookies. You’ll need about 36 cookies that get processed and smashed into a fine crumb using a food processor or something like a rolling pin. Those crumbs combined with butter will form the crust for this dessert lasagna.
Butter – Melted butter will be combined with the cookie crumbs to make the crust. You will need 6 tablespoons butter – melted. Salted or unsalted is fine. I like to melt butter in the microwave. In my microwave it takes around 45-60 seconds to melt 6 tablespoons butter.
For the strawberry cheesecake layer:
Cream Cheese – you will need one 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
Cool whip – You will need one cup of Cool Whip (more later for another layer!
Strawberry Pie Filling – You will need 1/2 cup Strawberry Pie Filling (more later for the top!)
Sugar – 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the pudding layer:
Vanilla Pudding – you will need 1 box of Vanilla Instant Pudding – the 3.4 ounce size
Milk – 2 cups of cold milk to make the pudding layer
For the Cool Whip layer:
You will need 2 cups of Cool Whip to spread over the pudding layer.
For the Strawberry Layer:
Strawberry Pie Filling – you can make your own, or use 2 – 21 ounce cans of pre-made Strawberry Pie Filling. 1/2 cup of strawberry pie filling will be mixed together with the cream cheese layer and the remaining Strawberry Pie Filling will be spread on top.
⏲ How to make strawberry lasagna
For the crust: Prepare a 9×9 or 8×8 casserole dish with non-stick spray. In a large bowl combine Lorna Dune Cookie Crumbs with 6 tablespoons melted butter. Use a fork to incorporate the butter. Press the crust into the prepared pan
For the strawberry cheesecake layer: In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in 1/4 cup granulated sugar and mix. Stir in 1 cup of Cool Whip along with 1/2 cup Strawberry Pie Filling. Spread over the crust layer.
For the pudding layer: in a large bowl, combine a 3.4 ounce package Vanilla Pudding Mix (instant pudding) with 2 cups cold milk. Mix until pudding starts to thicken. Spread over the cheesecake layer.
For the Cool Whip Layer: evenly spread 2 cups of Cool Whip on top of the cheesecake layer.
For the Strawberry topping: Spread the remaining Strawberry Pie Filling on top of the Cool Whip topping.
Cover the Strawberry Cheesecake, then place in the freezer for 1 hour or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
❓Strawberry Lasagna FAQ
Can I make this Strawberry Lasagna ahead of time? Absolutely. This Strawberry Lasagna is a great make-ahead dessert option. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days before you need it. In my opinion, it tastes even better the longer it sits. Day-old Strawberry Lasagna is my favorite.
Can I use reduced fat cream cheese? No, it is not recommended.
More Strawberry Dessert Ideas 🍓
If you are looking for more delicious, unique Strawberry Dessert ideas, you must try a few of our favorites:
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are the perfect no-bake treat! Juicy strawberries stuffed with delicious cheesecake filling are the ultimate indulgence! Dip them in Chocolate to take them to a whole new level!
- Strawberries and Cream Pie – Heavenly Strawberries and Cream Pie with fresh strawberries atop a sweet light and fluffy filling! Easy to make, this Strawberry Pie is going to quickly become a family favorite!
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart – A rich and sumptuous chocolate strawberry tart that is easy to make and completely no-bake!
- Strawberry Yogurt Cake – Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake with a Strawberry Cream Cheese glaze, from scratch, is SUPER moist and amazingly delicious!
- Strawberry Lemonade Ice Pops– These strawberry lemonade sherbet ice pops couldn’t be simpler! They are only three ingredients and make the perfect afternoon treat.
The Best Dessert Lasagnas! 🍰
I think it’s safe to say that I made dessert lasagnas trendy back in 2013 when my Chocolate Lasagna Recipe went viral. This Strawberry Lasagna is the perfect addition to our very favorite Chocolate Lasagna recipe and White Chocolate Lasagna recipe.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Strawberry Lasagna- a lovely layered dessert that not only tastes delicious but looks beautiful too!
- 36 Lorna Dune Shortbread Cookies
- 6 ounces butter – melted
- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 – 21 ounce cans Strawberry Pie Filling, divided (or make your own)
- 3 cups Cool Whip, divided
- 1 – 3.4 ounce package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- Prepare a 9×9 inch casserole dish by spraying it with non-stick spray or lining it with foil and spraying it with non-stick spray.
- Crush Lorna Dune Cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or rolling pin.
- In a large bowl combine cookie crumbs with 6 tablespoons melted butter. Use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When well combined, press this mixture into your prepared pan to form the crust. Place the crust in the refrigerator while you start on the Cheesecake layer.
- For the Cheesecake layer: place 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese in a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add in 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup Cool Whip and 1/2 cup Strawberry Pie Filling. Mix to combine, then spread over the crust.
- For the pudding layer: in a large bowl combine 1 – 3.4 ounce package Instant Vanilla pudding with 2 cups cold milk. Mix for 3-5 minutes, or until the pudding thickens. Evenly spread the pudding layer over the cheesecake layer.
- Top the cheesecake layer with 2 cups Cool Whip – spread evenly.
- Top the Cool Whip layer with remaining Strawberry Pie filling.
- Cover the Strawberry Lasagna, then place it in the freezer for 1 hour or refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.