One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies is an easy sheet pan dinner recipe made right in the oven that the whole family will love!
One-pan recipes are my love language. Whether they are made on a sheet pan or a single pot on the stove, a one-pan recipe usually indicates that dinner is going to be quick and easy, and clean-up will be minimal!
This amazing recipe for One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies has chunks of juicy chicken along with vegetables – I used broccoli, carrots, red belle pepper, and sugar snap peas. Everything is coated in a delicious slightly sweet honey garlic sauce that ads incredible flavor to this recipe. And it’s ready in under 30 minutes which makes in a perfect dinner for busy weeknights.
One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies Ingredients
Let’s talk abut the ingredients that you’ll need to make this super simple One Pan Chicken dinner.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: You will need about 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces. Great alternatives would be boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenders cut into bite sized pieces. Bone-in chicken thighs are not recommended. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
For the sweet honey garlic sauce, you’ll need:
Honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, dijon mustard, minced garlic (about 5 cloves of garlic), apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and corn starch along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. You could also stir in red pepper flake for a little heat. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl to create this flavorful honey garlic sauce.
For the veggies:
When it comes to the vegetables, use whatever you have on hand and enjoy but be mindful of how long the veggies will take to cook. I used broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, and sugar snap peas because they are all veggies I like, but they also need around the same amount of time to cook.
If you’d like to use potatoes, I’d recommend using baby red potatoes cut into bite sized pieces. Fresh green beans would be another great option.
How you’ll make this One Pan Chicken Dinner
What I love about this recipe is how quickly it comes together. Here’s how you’ll get this dinner on the table in no time:
- Cut your chicken into bite sized pieces
- Wash/trim/prep all of your veggies making sure they are also cut into bite sized pieces
- Make the sauce- toss all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Toss the chicken with half of the sauce.
- Toss the veggies with the remaining sauce.
- Arrange the chicken and veggies in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and bake!
Baking time will be about 20-22 minutes depending on how large you cut up the chicken and vegetables. The entire meal is ready in under 30 minutes!
That’s all there is to it!
One Pan Chicken Dinner FAQ
Can I use chicken thighs? Yes, you can absolutely use boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces.
Can I use potatoes and green beans instead of the other vegetables? Yes, just make sure that the potatoes are cut into small bite sized pieces. They may take a bit longer to cook. Make sure the potatoes are fork tender before removing them from the oven.
How do you know when the chicken is done? The internal temp of the chicken should be 165 degrees F. I like to use an instant read thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked through.
What else goes with One Pan Chicken and Veggies?
I have said it once and I’ll say it again – one pan dinners are my love language because dinner is nearly complete with just one pan. Scoop up this yummy honey garlic chicken and veggies and plop it on a bed of rice and dinner is ready!
More One Pan Meals
Looking for more one pan meals? I’ve got you covered! The very best way to get dinner on the table quickly is with an easy recipe that can be made entirely in one pan on the stove top or in the oven. Here are some of our favorites: One Pan Sausage and Potatoes, One Pan Steak and Potatoes, One Pan Cheesy Sausage Skillet and Tomato and Basil Chicken with Pan Sauce.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for one-pan honey garlic chicken! The whole family will enjoy this easy sheet pan dinner with a mix of tender chicken and yummy veggies with that irresistible honey garlic sauce. Enjoy!
Easy One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets (trimmed down to small bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups carrots cut into bite sized chunks (or use baby carrots)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Wash/trim/prep all of your vegetables including broccoli florets, carrots, red bell peppers, and sugar snap peas.
- Make the sauce – in a small bowl combine olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, dijon mustard, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, corn starch, salt and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Pour remaining sauce over the veggies and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and veggies are tender.