This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Edible Cookie dough recipe is safe to eat right out of the bowl! No baking required! You will love this rich, gooey, yummy eggless cookie dough!
If you are anything like me, it is almost impossible to make a batch of cookie dough and not eat at least a spoonful of the raw dough. Of course, you could always make the best chocolate chip cookies, but if you want just the edible cookie dough, go ahead and read on! But don’t forget to check out our recipes for Soft Sugar Cookies, Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies, Monster Cookie Dough Dip, and all of our other cookie recipes.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Edible Cookie Dough Ingredients
- Butter: Your butter must be room temperature. It is important that it is soft enough to dent with your finger, but not too soft that you can push all the way through. This will allow it to cream with the brown sugar to give the cookie dough a nice whipped texture.
- Brown sugar: Gives it the sweet, classic flavor of cookie dough.
- Vanilla: Adds a layer of flavor that adds to the signature cookie dough taste.
- Salt: Balances out the sweetness of the other ingredients just enough.
- Flour: Like regular cookie dough, this is the base of our dough. See below on heat treating your flour.
- Milk: This helps the other ingredients combine since there is no egg. If your cookie dough still seems dry and crumbly, add an additional splash of milk.
- Add-ins: I use mini chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips. You can use a combination like I did or one or the other. I share some other ideas for mix-ins below.
Heat Treating Flour
In addition to eating raw eggs, I’ve also heard there is a risk of getting sick from consuming raw flour. To help avoid this, you can treat your flour with heat to kill any bacteria present in the flour. This is as simple as putting your flour in a glass baking dish in the microwave or on a baking sheet in a preheated oven until it reaches a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it cool completely before using in this edible cookie dough recipe.
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough
Here is a brief overview of how this simple recipe for easy edible cookie dough comes together. For the full recipe including all measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Combine butter and brown sugar. Cream them together using a mixer until fluffy. Then add the vanilla and salt and mix.
- Add the other ingredients. Add the flour and mix. The mixture will be very crumbly. Then add the milk. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Enjoy or store in the refrigerator.
I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to use the mini chocolate chips or the full-sized chocolate chips, so I used both. I love finding little bits of chocolate in my cookie dough, but I also love the occasional big pocket of milk chocolate chips. Here are some other ways to dress up your eggless cookie dough!
- Add sprinkles
- Mix up the chocolate chips: Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, or mini chocolate chips (or of course a combination) would all be delicious. You could even add butterscotch chips.
- To make double chocolate cookie dough, add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder when you add the flour.
- Skip the chocolate chips and add 1/4 tsp of almond extract and sprinkles to give the cookie dough a sugar cookie spin.
- Add a spoonful of peanut butter when creaming the butter and brown sugar.
How to Enjoy Eggless Cookie Dough
This edible cookie dough can be enjoyed by the spoonful or added to ice cream! It also can be eaten like a dip with things like graham crackers or animal crackers.
No, it is not intended to be baked into cookies. It is missing key ingredients like baking soda and baking powder that allow the cookies to rise to bake successfully. If you want to make chocolate chip cookies, use my recipe for Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I have not tested this recipe with gluten free flour.
Storing and Freezing Cookie Dough
This recipe comes together in minutes and is made without eggs. It can be enjoyed right away, or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Even better? It can be frozen for up to three months! Once you make the eggless cookie dough, put it in a freezer-safe bag or container and place it in the freezer. I like to divide it up into small portions so that when I get the hankering for some raw dough, or I want to use it as a topping on ice cream, I can just thaw a small portion.
Other No Bake Recipes
- No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Lasagna
- No Bake Chocolate Cake Batter Truffles
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip
If you try this edible cookie dough recipe or any of my other recipes, let me know by leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and how you enjoy my recipes.
Edible Egg-less Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips Ghirardelli is my favorite
- With your mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and salt and mix.
- Add in flour. The mixture is going to be crumbly at this point.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix. Now the dough will look like the cookie dough you're used to seeing.
- Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Freeze for up to three months.
Recipe inspired by
Cookie Dough Creations – Naperville, IL