This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When it’s Taco night, use this guide for the easy way to heat taco shells in the air fryer. It includes instructions for how to heat flour tortillas, corn tortillas, or hard taco shells.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Tacos can be made and enjoyed in about a million different ways, but they all start with the same foundation: the shell! The shell is the base of the taco and whether you prefer corn tortillas, flour tortillas, or hard taco shells, having a warmed shell will set your taco up for success from the beginning.
Warming up your taco shells in the air fryer gives you a perfectly crisp and warm shell in a matter of minutes, without needing your oven or stovetop. We also skip the oil which makes cleanup a breeze and keeps other areas of your kitchen open to get the other parts of the taco (meat, cheese, and toppings, oh my!) ready. I share the best way to heat taco shells in air fryer along with my BEST taco night tips.
How to Heat Taco Shells In The Air Fryer
Heating taco shells in the air fryer is super simple and is the best way to get ready for taco night without having to turn on your oven. I always recommend preheating your air fryer (just like you would your oven) so that the shells are added when the basket is hot and ready.
- Hard shells: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the shells in an even layer and heat for two minutes.
- Soft shells: Preheat the air fryer to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap the tortillas (no more than six at a time) in foil and heat for 3-4 minutes.
Here are a few ideas of tacos you can make with your heated shells. You can check out all of my best taco recipes, you are sure to find your new favorite. Vegetarian, fish, chicken, beef, and pork are all options when making tacos!
- Loaded with veggies, these Healthy Vegetarian Tacos are a great way to clean out your fridge!
- Heat up your shells quickly in the air fryer without having to turn on your oven or your stove with these Slow Cooker Beef Tacos or Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos.
- Crunchy and loaded with textures, these Fish Tacos with Minty Yogurt Red Cabbage Slaw are like a party in your mouth.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Best Cheese For Tacos
The key when using shredded cheese for tacos is to grate it yourself. This will give the freshest flavor and best melting. Pre-shredded cheese is covered in preservatives to prevent it from clumping together in the bag. Avoid that by grating your own! Sharp cheddar, Colby Jack, or Monterey Jack would all be delicious on tacos.
If you are making street tacos, cotija cheese is usually what is served.
Cottage Cheese Queso
Taco Night Tips and Tricks
One of the best things about taco night is how easy is it to customize and mix things up. From the kind of shells you use, to the meat and toppings, the possibilities are endless. Here are some ideas for toppings to include.
- Easy Pico De Gallo
- Shredded cheese
- Quesadilla Sauce (this creamy jalapeño sauce is so delicious and highly recommended!)
- Diced onion
- Avocado or Chunky Guacamole
- Black beans or pinto beans are a great way to add protein, especially if you are making vegetarian tacos.
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
- Shredded lettuce
The Best Guacamole
What to Serve With Tacos
Round out your meal with these sides!
Other Taco Recipes
Looking for other ways to incorporate tacos into your dinner rotation? Try these delicious spins on taco night!
If you try this recipe for how to heat taco shells in air fryer or any of my other recipes, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
How to Heat Taco Shells in Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Hard Taco Shells
Soft Flour Tortillas or Soft Corn Tortillas
- Preheat air fryer to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap up to 6 soft flour tortillas in aluminum foil.
- Place in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes, or until tortillas are heated through.
Hard Taco Shells
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange hard shell tacos in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Heat for 2 minutes or until taco shells are warm and crispy.